Everything you do inside the gym makes everything you do outside the gym so much better.
There’s no denying the many improvements to your health, your wellbeing, and your overall lifestyle that take hold when you prioritize fitness. Some of these improvements include:
- Gaining physical strength through the strengthening of bones and muscles.
- Lowering your chances of health risks by building resistance to injuries, diseases, and ailments.
- Maintaining your brain health, which impacts your career and education prospects.
- Building better habits through the regular routine of fitness.
- Improving your outlook, mood, and sense of motivation.
- Developing stronger, healthier relationships with your friends and family.
- Managing your weight and appearance.
- Boosting self confidence.
As the old adage says, there is strength in numbers, which explains why going to the gym has endless physical benefits, social benefits, and more.
Gold’s Gym strives to provide the best fitness facilities in B.C. with a range of programming to help everyone achieve their personal health and fitness goals.
The first Gold's Gym opened in 1965 in Venice Beach, California. In 1977, Gold's Gym received international attention after being featured in the bodybuilding documentary Pumping Iron, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno, making it THE place to go for the latest training techniques.
Today, Gold’s Gym remains at the forefront of the fitness industry with over 800 locations and 3 million members worldwide. Currently, they have four locations across the Lower Mainland, including a state-of-the-art 26,000 square foot fitness centre in Port Coquitlam at the Oxford Connector along Lougheed Highway.
Whether your goal is body strengthening, body toning, burning calories, finding a fitness method that works for you, or joining a supportive community, the fitness club’s various programs are designed to help you meet them.
With the help of their team of motivating and knowledgeable fitness experts, from personal fitness coaches to group exercise instructors, Gold’s Gym Port Coquitlam allows members to enhance their workout experience and maximize their time at the gym through the following offerings:
- Gold’s Gym offers unlimited access to top-of-the-line strength, functional, and cardio fitness training equipment, including world-class ergonomic TechnoGym® machines, cardio circuit TV’s, and Olympic powerlifting platforms.
- Group fitness classes — including indoor spin, yoga, Zumba, and Mossa — are included in the Gold’s Gym fitness experience. Gold’s Gym members can take as many group exercise classes as they like.
- Industry-leading one-on-one personal training. Certified trainers will begin by building your complimentary fitness profile and then creating a personalized fitness plan to reach your individual goals. Gold’s Gym Port Coquitlam also features a Queenax functional training cage and a turf functional training area.
- Other amenities offered at the Gold’s Gym Port Coquitlam location include infrared saunas and steam rooms, a ladies’ only section, and a Core Culture smoothie and juice bar.
First-timers can experience Gold’s Gym on a Free 1 Day Pass, where they come in for a workout or try out a fitness class. Go to goldsgymbc.ca/1-day-pass for more information.