No one wants to be stressed out the day of their wedding, but poor planning can lead to an onslaught of last-minute changes—and cause a lot of anxiety for everyone involved. An experienced wedding planner can prevent that from happening.
“Wedding planners do the legwork so that couples can get married without stress and enjoy their special day with family and friends,” says Kayla Bell, Weddings & Events Coordinator with Meadow Gardens Golf Club in Pitt Meadows. ”Brides and grooms don’t want to spend their wedding day scurrying around to set up place cards, hang decorations or check on dinner. And with a good wedding planner, they won’t have to.”
From proposals to weddings, including a recent surprise proposal at Meadow Gardens’ beautiful 18th hole, Kayla has planned weddings big and small, casual and formal, and everything in between.
Here are 5 tips Kayla says will help ensure your wedding day remains stress-free for the bride and groom:
1. Meet your Wedding Planner to talk… and listen. “Bring your ideas, from dreams to magazine pictures. Then ask your wedding planner for his or her thoughts and let the possibilities happen!”
2. Set a budget… and stick to it. “With your planner, do some research about prices, and decide what features are worth the money and which ones you can do without. Also, talk to friends who’ve recently gotten married for tips on what worked for them.”
3. Consider a Plan B. Or C. “Opting for a sunset ceremony? The winds could be light and balmy or cold and gusting. Back-up plans like tents, umbrellas, and a loaded iPod aren’t a sign of pessimism; they’re an indication that your wedding planner is proactive and wants to be prepared no matter what.”
4. Show your true colours. “Something borrowed, something blue? Don’t confine yourself to traditional colours and schemes. Let your planner see your personalities, quirks and all. The most meaningful wedding moments come from special touches that show off who you really are!”
5. Plan your day… and your night. “Plan your day, from breakfast to your getaway vehicle. Work in some time to relax, mingle with guests, and take photographs with family… and keep the pace relaxed so that you’ll have time to enjoy each moment. It’s also a good idea to make a detailed plan for the night, too. How you end the day is as important as how you start it!”