Sleeping is one of the most fundamental ways your body recharges itself. It is essential for your overall health and is connected to a myriad of different functions and parts of the body that you use every day. That being said, things you do and eat during the day can also affect how your body sleeps and ultimately impact the quality of your sleep.
Getting a good night’s sleep is important. But Roxanne Brooks, a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Adult Sleep Coach who consults out of the CanSleep clinics by referrals from the Clinical Therapists, says that achieving good sleep hygiene can lead to completely different results. Sleep hygiene is a term that refers to practicing good habits to getting a good night’s sleep. There are many different rituals and guidelines that can be used to achieve good sleep hygiene, and the staff at CanSleep Services can help you choose the ones that fit within your lifestyle. With their help, you can achieve a quality deep sleep, which is crucial for your optimal health.
1. Turn off all electronics one hour before bed: The blue light given off by smartphones, televisions and computers have been shown to disrupt sleep by blocking the production of melatonin – the hormone that makes you sleepy.
2. Take a warm bath or shower: Relaxing your body in a steamy shower or calming bath can help prepare your body and mind for a good night’s sleep.
3. Drink herbal tea 45 minutes before bed: Brooks suggests passion flower, chamomile, or valerian root teas.
4. Try a relaxing activity before bed: Reading, puzzling, and colouring are activities that can help unwind your brain from the day’s busy activities.
5. Practice relaxation techniques: Brooks says yoga, breathing exercises, stretching, and practicing gratitude are all methods that can help you achieve good sleep hygiene.
To learn more about CanSleep Services, visit www.cansleep.ca, call 1-844-753-3740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find CanSleep Services on Facebook. To contact Roxanne Brooks, visit www.foodforsleep.ca or email email@example.com.