Only 37 have made the cut.
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce (TCCC) has unveiled its finalists for the 2021 business excellence awards after nearly 100 nominations came forward for the annual gala — tentatively scheduled for Jan. 29, 2022.
It's set to honour businesses, non-profits and entrepreneurs in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody who've gone above and beyond for their respective community as well as the region — all while during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Mary Hill Body Boot Camp (Port Coquitlam) leads the way with three finalist nods, while Juris Notary (Coquitlam) and Squish Juicery (Port Coquitlam) each have two.
There are 13 finalists for business of the year.
Now, a panel of judges will gather together to pick the winners, but the TCCC adds the public's help is also needed.
A voting period is now open until 5 p.m. on Nov. 24, 2021.
"Each of these nominated businesses and individuals has demonstrated a passion for business and the Tri-Cities community, and we wish them all great success in their respective industries," reads a statement from the TCCC.
For more information, you can visit the TCCC's website.
The finalists for the 2021 business excellence awards, along with last year's winners, are as follows:
Business of the Year
- One to 10 employees
- From:Us Gifting Company
- Labour Rights Law Office
- Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
- Squish Juicery
(2020 winner: Butter Studios)
- Eleven to 30 employees
- Bump Physio and Co.
- Ethical Waste Services Ltd.
- PlayWorks Physio
- Strive Health and Performance
- Westcoast SCI Physiotherapy Port Coquitlam
(2020 winner: Ballistic Arts Media Studios)
- 30 or more employees
- Big Hearts Home Care
- Cat and Fiddle Sports Bar and Restaurant
- Dominion Lending Centre
- Metro Motors Ltd.
(2020 winner: Rocky Point Ice Cream)
Business Leader of the Year
- Claire McLean - SHARE Family and Community Services Society
- Jessica Morrison - Squish Juicery
- Kyle O'Genski - Patina Brewing Co.
- Malik Malikzada - Jamila's Kitchen and Grill
- Moe Manavipour - Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
(2020 winner: Angela Calla - The Angela Calla Mortgage Team)
Business Resiliency Award
- Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
- MPowerLives Company
- One Stop Party Rentals
- Safe Care Home Support
- The Fountainhead Network
(2020 winners: Legend Haul Supply Co. and Novo Textiles)
Community Spirit Award
- Aultrust Financial Ltd.
- COBS Bread Bakery Suter Brook
- Juris Notary
- Kirmac Collison and Automotive Collision Systems
- Tri-Cities United
(2020 winner: Malik Malikzada - Jamila's Kitchen and Grill)
Not-for-Profit of the Year
- Backpack Buddies
- Community Ventures Society
- Coquitlam Public Library
- The People's Pantry Food Recovery Society
- Tri-Cities Transitions Society
(2020 winner: Immigrant Link Centre Society)
Young Professional of the Year
- Braidey Sturgeon - Estate Vision
- Dylan Wilson - Wilson Media
- Mariko Baerg - Bridgewell Real Estate Group
- Paul Choi - Juris Notary
- Tiaan Grimbeek - Top Notch Catering
(2020 winner: Jessica Morrison - Squish Juicery)
Environmental Steward of the Year
- Live For Tomorrow (LFT) Group Brands Ltd.
- Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc.
(2020 winner: Fulfill Shoppe)