Swimmers, take note: There will be some changes to Port Coquitlam pool schedules in the coming weeks.
The City of Port Coquitlam announced the leisure and lap pools at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre will be closed for annual maintenance from Aug. 29 to Sept. 17.
However, the squash/racquetball courts, weight room and the gymnasium will remain open during regular hours of operation. A customer service attendant will be available to answer questions and take registrations for fall programs.
The maintenance work is being taken to ensure health and safety regulations are met, the city said in a press release.
The work includes:
- draining and repairing pool tanks
- repair of lap pool tiles and re-grouting some areas
- preventative maintenance work on mechanical system
- new underwater pool lights
- installation of new rope swing
- miscellaneous repairs and painting
The city’s other recreation facilities are open during this period for the community to use:
- Centennial Pool (3050 Chester St.) is open until Oct. 7
- Robert Hope Pool and Wading Pool (2137 Lamprey Dr.), Sun Valley Wading Pool (3700 Hamilton St.) and Routley Wading Pool (1570 Western Dr.) are open until Sept. 5
- Spray parks will stay open through September
- Castle and Sun Valley Parks, and spray features at Lions Park and Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC), will be open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Port Coquitlam Community Centre Leisure Pool and Spray Park (2150 Wilson Ave.) will be open during regular hours
For full schedule details visit portcoquitlam.ca/pools.
Hyde Creek Recreation Centre is located at 1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam.
For information about the facility’s amenities and schedules, visit portcoquitlam.ca/recreation or call 604-927-PLAY (7529).