Real estate agents across the Tri-Cities are hoping to bring in enough donations this week to feed and clothe as many local families in need.
Member companies with the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) are collecting funds, warm winter clothing and other items starting tomorrow (Nov. 14) as part of its 2022 Realtors Care Blanket Drive.
The Tri-City Transitions Society in Port Coquitlam — located at 200-2540 Shaughnessy St. — is set to be the local recipient of the 28th annual fundraiser, which takes place until next Monday (Nov. 21).
The non-profit provides shelter, food and support to women and children fleeing abusive situations, and are looking to rebuild their lives.
This year, the REBGV is hoping to raise at least $15,000 through the online portion of the Blanket Drive, and as many donations as it can through in-person donations.
"With cold temperatures and increased precipitation forecast for November, our partner charities expect blankets and warm clothing to be in high demand across the region," said association spokesperson Daniel John in a statement.
"With the addition of our online fundraiser, people have different options to support this year’s campaign and lend a helping hand to those most in need within our communities."
John added, once collected, realtor volunteers are set to sort and deliver the donations to Tri-City Transitions.
Since its inception, the Blanket Drive has helped more than 450,000 people in B.C.'s Lower Mainland stay warm during the fall and winter seasons.
The REBGV said physical donations local realtors are asking for this year include:
- Sleeping bags
- New socks
- New underwear
- Warm clothing
- Coats and sweaters
- Jeans and pants
- Glover and mitts
For more information, you're encouraged to visit the Blanket Drive page of the REBGV's website.
Where can I drop off donations?
Interested participants can bring donations to one of the following real estate offices in the region (in alphabetical order):
- Blue West Realty (204 Blue Mountain St.)
- Evergreen West Realty (#206-2963 Glen Dr.)
- Johnston Meir Insurance (#202-3387 David Ave.)
- Macdonald Realty Ltd. (5C-2662 Austin Ave.)
- Hanna Realty Ltd. (#620-329 North Rd.)
- Park Georgia Realty Ltd. (BC-435 North Rd.)
- RE/MAX All Points Realty Group (#101-1020 Austin Ave.)
- Royal LePage West (2185 Austin Ave.)
- Stonehouse Realty (1126 Austin Ave.)
- Sutton Group-1st West Realty (#118-3030 Lincoln Ave.)
- Sutton Group-West Coast Realty (#102-403 North Rd.)
- Keller Williams Elite Realty (A123-2099 Lougheed Hwy.)
- RE/MAX Sabre Realty Group (#102-2748 Lougheed Hwy.)
- Royal LePage West (#101-2264 Elgin Ave.)
- Royal LePage Sterling (220 Brew St.)
- Royal LePage Sterling Axfords (#13-201 Morrisey Rd.)