You can listen to the mayoral, councillor and school trustee contenders in the Tri-Cities talk about their visions for their communities at a number of all-candidates' meetings leading up to the Oct. 20 council and board of education elections.
Here's a list of the scheduled all-candidates meetings by municipality:
• Sept. 30: Coquitlam Public Library hosts Meet, Greet and Eat with candidates running for Coquitlam mayor and council from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Rooms 136 and 137 at the City Centre branch. Drop-in, no registration required. Light refreshments will be served.
• Oct. 2: Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce hosts a forum with candidates for mayor and council at 7 p.m. at the Evergreen Cultural Centre (1205 Pinetree Way).
• Oct. 4: HopKidz Technologies will co-host a Q&A about daycare in Coquitlam with the city’s mayoral candidates, 6:30 p.m. at #301-3007 Glen Dr.
• Oct. 7: CIVIC Association of Iranian-Canadians hosts mayoral, council and school board candidates at 1 p.m. at Coquitlam Public Library City Centre branch (1169 Pinetree Way).
• Oct. 10: Maillardville Residents Association host a forum for mayoral and council candidates at at 7 p.m. at the Place Maillardville Community Centre (1200 Cartier Ave.).
• Oct. 11: Burquitlam Community Association is hosting Coquitlam mayoral and council candidates at 7 p.m. at Banting middle school (820 Banting St.).
NEW: Oct. 4: PoCo Heritage Museum and Archives (150-2248 McAllister Ave.) hosts a meet and greet from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Oct. 15: Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce hosts a forum with candidates for mayor and council at 7 p.m. at the Terry Fox Theatre (1260 Riverwood Gate).
• Oct. 4: Moody Centre Community Association hosts an all-candidates meeting and it wants to hit the ground running with some questions ahead of time.The group is inviting the public to submit questions via email, although there will be an open mic at the meeting as well. To submit a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is scheduled for 6:45 p.m. at Kyle Centre (125 Kyle St.).
• Oct. 5: Glenayre Community Association is hosting an all-candidates meeting at 7 p.m. at Glenayre elementary school (495 Glencoe Dr.).
• Oct. 10: The Residents of Pleasantside and Ioco Community Association (TROPICA) will be holding a forum for city council candidates at 7 p.m. at Old Orchard community hall (646 Bentley Rd.)
• Oct. 11: The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce will host of an-all candidates debate at 7 p.m. at Port Moody’s Inlet Theatre (100 Newport Dr.).
• Oct. 17: TROPICA will be holding a forum for mayoral candidates at 7 p.m. at Old Orchard community hall (646 Bentley Rd.).
• Oct. 16: A meet-and-greet-style event to provide opportunities for voters to meet candidates for school trustee at Winslow Centre gym, 1100 Winslow Ave., Coquitlam. The event is drop-in, running from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., and hosted by the District Parent Advisory Council.